We often come across the “ ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED” while browsing through the internet and this error message belongs to “Google Chrome”. However, it is nothing to be worried about. This is just an error that occurs with a message that says you are unable to connect to the internet.
One must know that this error usually results from the problems with his / her internet connection. This common error indicates that we cannot use the internet anymore or one has lost his / her internet connection.
For example, when you click on some link, your browser will try to retrieve it. If your internet connection is perfect then it will fetch the data from the link or it will give an error. Before going forward, it is very important for one to know what the code “ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED” is!
3 Ways to Fix ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED
Now there are few important points that you need to consider while trying to fix the error. You can use the methods shown below to solve the connectivity problem.
The following solutions includes 3 Methods that will help you to fix the error :–
( METHOD 1 ) – FIX LOCAL AREA NETWORK SETTINGS
A local area network (LAN) is a collection of devices connected together in one physical location , such as : building, office or home. In order to fix the local area network settings, following the steps that are given below ( for windows 10) :
- STEP 1 – Go to the “Connections” tab and click on the “LAN settings” button. You will see the “Local Area network” settings popup window.
- STEP 2 – Disable or enable the configuration, enter configuration and add proxy server.
- STEP 3 – Disable all the checkboxes.
( METHOD 2 ) – CLEARING BROWSING DATA
Your browser tends to hold onto information, and over time it could cause problems with logging in or bringing up websites. It’s always a good idea to clear out the browser data or clear cookies on a regular basis.
This method includes two main steps to be followed :
- STEP 1 – CLEAR BROWSING DATA ON FIREFOX:
- ✓ Click the “MENU” button and select “OPTIONS”
- ✓ Select the “PRIVACY & SECURITY” panel and go to the “COOKIES AND SITE DATA” section.
- ✓ Click the “CLEAR DATA” button.
- STEP 2 – CLEAR BROWSING DATA ON GOOGLE CHROME :
- ✓ Open Chrome and at the top right click “MORE”
- ✓ Click “MORE TOOLS” > “ Clear Browsing Data”
- ✓ At the top, choose the time range. To delete everything select “All time”.
- ✓ Check the boxes and “CLEAR DATA”.
( METHOD 3 ) – DELETE WLAN PROFILES
A wireless LAN (WLAN) profile is a set of configurations with a unique SSID, that provides clients part of a wireless connection to a wireless network. Steps to delete the WLAN Profiles (for windows 10) are as follows :
- STEP 1 – Click the Network icon on the lower right corner of your screen.
- STEP 2 – Click on ‘Network settings‘ and select ‘Manage Wi-Fi settings’.
- STEP 3 – Under ‘Manage known Networks’ click the network you want to delete.
- STEP 4 – Click ‘FORGET‘. The wireless profile is thus deleted.
You can now use the above methods to solve your connectivity problem.
Most of the time you see the error code i.e.
“ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED” mainly because of poor internet connectivity. This does not mean that there is any fault in your system.
However there are several other reasons that results in such an error. It could be because of a virus , or a malicious cookie or also become of the antivirus firewall. If all the steps are followed correctly you can prevent the “ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED”.
The Methods mentioned above will surely help you to regain your internet connection.
Thus , you will have a safe and secured search for a lifetime.